Metso Corporation's stock exchange release on October 3, 2011 at 10:30 a.m.
Metso's Annual General Meeting decided on March 30, 2011 to establish a
Nomination Board to prepare proposals on members of the Board of Directors and
their remuneration for the next Annual General Meeting which is planned to be
held on March 29, 2012. The representatives of the four largest shareholders
registered in Metso's shareholder register as of October 1, 2011 are elected to
the Nomination Board along with the Chairman of the Board of Directors Jukka
Viinanen as an expert member.
According to the shareholders register, Metso Corporation's four largest
shareholders on October 1, 2011 were:
* Solidium Oy (16,226,928 shares and votes or 10.79% of share capital and
* Cevian Capital II Master Fund L.P. (7,440,060 shares and votes or 4.94% of
share capital and votes),
* Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company (6,031,943 shares and votes or
4,01% of share capital and votes),
* Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company (5,148,682 shares and votes or 3,42%
of share capital and votes).
These shareholders have named the following persons as their representatives for
Metso's Nomination Board:
* Kari Järvinen, Managing Director (Solidium Oy);
* Lars Förberg, Managing Partner (Cevian Capital);
Harri Sailas, President and CEO (Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance
* Matti Vuoria, Managing Director, President and CEO (Varma Mutual Pension
Kari Järvinen has been elected the Chairman of the Nomination Board.
Metso is a global supplier of sustainable technology and services for mining,
construction, power generation, automation, recycling and the pulp and paper
industries. We have about 29,000 employees in more than 50 countries.
Further information please contact:
Aleksanteri Lebedeff, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, tel.
+358 20 484 3240
Marja Mäkinen, Investor Relations Manager, Metso Corporation, tel.
+358 20 484 3211
Investor Relations Manager
NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd